Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Woods

This land is my land,
And it's not your land,
I've got a shotgun,
And you don't have one,
Something something,
So please don't take my sunshine away.


In San Francisco someone can't go into a public park without running into a homeless person. There is a park by my house. I took someone up there once because I thought it would be romantic until I found used diapers in a pile and empty slim jim containers decorating the trail.

In Wisconsin people can purchase large acreages for the price of a San Francisco studio. You can go into your land almost certain that there is no trash found just underneath the dirt because it is your land. You know who goes there and who doesn't. If you are lucky, you might even get your own stream. If you are really lucky you might get your own waterfall.

The best location is in a place that you own, surrounded by trees that you own, in an area where nobody goes without your permission except your large family. The place will have to be no more than 30 minutes from a civilized place. Maybe I'll have to get a dog that will eat the wild rabits and a cat that will eat the mice. Maybe I'll somehow get a bunch of fireflies that will light up my path. I'm sure the Amish will sell me a carriage, and I can get horses to pull it and pick up friends with it. I'll still have cars, but they aren't as cool.

1 Comments:

Blogger cueto said...

thanks, I was really really tired when I wrote this. Didn't proof read it at all, and that intro poem is just a screwup of two different songs. That was by accident too. Thanks for the compliments, it was mostly like a journal thing than actual careful writing. ORrr we can say it's creative and call it a hermit crab essay, I'm sure Scott would agree.

October 7, 2004 at 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home